Visa and invitation letter

General Information

For entry into China, non-Chinese citizens should apply for a visa at the Chinese Embassy or Consulate in the region they live. The simplest way is to apply for a tourist ("L") visa, which should give you enough time to attend the conference and participate in pre/post conference activities. Please contact the Embassy or Consulate in your region for specific instructions. An invitation letter is not required for obtaining a tourist visa. The regular processing time is 4 working days. Please plan ahead to allow enough time for visa processing.

More information on obtaining a tourist ("L") visa can be found here ( To fill the application form Q1, you should check the Tourism box. The contact in China is Jie LIAN (

If you have any problem on obtaining a tourist visa, please contact Jie LIAN ( to issue an official invitation letter to apply for a business visa.

Guidelines can also be found on the following website: Guidelines to Chinese Visa Application, FAQ about Chinese Visa Application.

Visa is not needed for ordinary passport holders of Japan and Singapore to stay in China within 14 days. This China visa exemption policy may be of help to you.

You might find this site helpful with your application for a Chinese visa.

Invitation letter

In order to obtain an invitation letter, the following conditions must be satisfied:

(1) the letter will be issued only to those who have registered to the conference;

(2) the person who requests the letter must fill in the request form for an invitation letter;

(3) the completed request form, a copy of passport first page, and the bank receipt of your registration must be sent out to Jie LIAN (